Ministry of Education requirements can change without notice. This information is correct on November 10, 2018.
To enrol your child in school in Saudi Arabia, it is necessary to first gain approval from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Education (MOE). BSD cannot enrol students on a visit or business visa (we can assess students on a visit visa).
To complete enrolment in BSD, please complete the following documents:
- Ministry of Education form for Non-Saudi students
- Ministry of Education form for Saudi students
- Copy of student’s valid iqama
- Copy of student’s sponsor’s valid iqama
- Copy of student’s passport
- Copy of student’s sponsor’s passport
- Leaving certificate from previous school
- Employment letter from the sponsor’s company in KSA
- Student birth certificate (only required for Pre-Reception/FS1, Reception/FS2, Year 1 and Year 2)
- Copy of student’s last report card, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Saudi Arabian embassy in the country where the certificate was issued
- Noor certificate from previous school (applicable to KSA local school transfers ONLY) *
- Saudi Nationals require permission from Saudi Arabia Ministry of Education (MoE) to enrol.
* Previous school administrator must transfer student’s electronic Noor file.
Attestation of Report Cards
- From a school abroad: Report cards for the last full academic year must be attested by the Saudi Embassy in the issuing country.
- From an in-Kingdom school Report cards for the last full academic year must be attested by the Foreign Education Department within the area in which the school is located.
- Current exemptions to report attestation
- Children who are US passport holders do not need their report cards attested.
- Children applying to FS1, FS2, Year 1 or Year 2 do not require their report cards to be attested.
If you have any queries regarding Ministry of Education approval, please contact the ISG Government Relations Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is parents’ responsibility to comply with Ministry of Education requirements and, if applicable, to confirm exemption status during BOTH Application and Enrolment Stages.