Our school uniform helps to promote a school culture which provides all students with a fundamental sense of belonging and helps develop within each student a sense of personal identity which is linked to their commitment to the school community. Our uniform reflects the positive image and values that we as a school want to demonstrate to the wider community. A consistent and fair uniform policy improves overall student morale and student cohesion in the school community. Students at British School Dhahran are therefore expected to maintain a high standard of personal grooming at all times. The school uniform is a cornerstone of our discipline policy and helps us maintain high standards of behaviours and achievement.
- Dress: Striped blue and white.
- Skirts and shorts: Navy blue.
- Tights/trousers: In cold weather students may wear white or navy blue tights under their skirt or shorts, or they may wear long trousers, plain black (well-cut, no side zips or buttons).
- Shirt: Light blue polo shirt with school logo.
- PE: Physical Education uniform should be purchased from the school shop.
- Early Years,Key Stage 1: House coloured with the school logo and navy blue shorts with the school logo.
- Key Stage 2: House coloured shirt and navy blue shorts with the school logo.
- Sweatpants/tracksuit bottoms: In cold weather, plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms can be worn for PE days only.
- School Jumper/Fleece: Navy blue with the school logo.
- Socks: White, black or navy blue.
- Shoes: Black, plain velcro or lace-up style school shoes or trainers (these can be used for PE as well). Black shoes must be worn with school uniform at all times.
- Hats: Students should wear a plain, navy blue cap/hat when outside at all times. Sun hats may be purchased from the Academy Store.
- Hair: Hair should be neat and, if below shoulder length, should be tied back.
- Headscarf (if worn): Plain navy blue or white.
- Makeup and nail varnish: These are not permitted.
- Jewellery: Students are permitted to wear a single, simple stud earring in one or both ear lobes (hooped earrings are not permitted). The only other jewellery permitted is a watch.
Labelled hats and jumpers eventually come back to your child. With the constant washing, labels tend to fade. Please check and relabel them.
- Shoes: students must wear black, plain, polished lace-up or velcro style school shoes. Plain black leather trainers are also acceptable as long as the rims are black.. Laces should be black also. Heels should be flat. School shoes are available from Clarks, M&S, British Home Stores, City Plaza, Taba Centre and many other suppliers. For health and safety reasons, shoes should cover the toes and top of the foot. Shoes should not extend above the ankle.
- PE Footwear: students must change into different footwear for PE. Sports shoes should provide some ankle support and have non-marking soles. Basketball shoes are not permitted for PE lessons.
- Socks: socks should be white, black or navy blue.
- Hats: students could wear a plain, navy blue cap/hat when outside. Hats may be purchased from the Academy Store.
- Headscarf (if worn): plain navy blue or white.
- Hair: hair should be neat and if below shoulder length, should be tied back if participating in a class where it could be a health and safety issue such as DT, PE or science. Exaggerated hair styles and colours are not permitted.
- Makeup and Nail Varnish: these are not permitted.
- Jewellery: students are permitted to wear a single, simple stud earring in one or both ear lobes. The only other jewellery permitted is a watch.
- School Fleece: navy blue, with school logo
- School Jumper: navy blue, v-neck. School sports or special event jumper with the school logo on
- Physical Education Uniform: this should be purchased from the Academy Store
- Underwear: should be discrete and not visible under or above clothing.
- Skirts/Skorts: students may wear navy blue skirts or skorts; they should be long enough to cover most of the thigh, they should be no shorter than 5 cm above the knee.
- Tights: in cold weather students may wear white or navy blue tights under their skirt or shorts, or they may wear long trousers, as above.
- Shorts: students may wear tailored navy blue shorts, they should be long enough to cover most of the thigh, they should be no shorter than 5 cm above the knee.
Key Stage 3
- Top: light grey polo shirt with the school logo, white shirts with old school logo may still be worn for next year.
- Trousers: students may wear tailored, black or navy blue trousers; jeans and leggings are not allowed.
Key Stage 4
- Top: Royal blue polo shirt with school crest. Year 11 may wear the BSD assigned hoodie during winter.
- Trousers: students may wear tailored, black or navy blue trousers, smart black jeans. Skinny jeans, jeggings and leggings are not allowed.
Key Stage 5 dress code
Students in KS5 are expected to dress smart. They should wear black school polo shirt with school logo, purchased from the Academy Store, with chinos, tailored shorts or skirts in black, navy or khaki. Girls may wear a matching headscarf. Shoes should be sensible, no high heels and covering the toes. Footwear may be trainers as long as they are smart.
Year 12 & 13 may wear the BSD assigned hoodie during winter.